101 in 1001.
About The Project:
Welcome to Day Zero, the home of the 1001 Day Project. A unique challenge that inspires you to set and achieve your personal goals in life.
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.
Tasks must be specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on your part).
Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple challenges such as New Year's resolutions or a 'Bucket List'. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips, study semesters, or outdoor activities.
Started: Saturday, August 25, 2012
Ends: Saturday, May 23 2015
1. Start and finish the 24 day challenge by Advocare 5 times (4/5)
2. Answer the 50 questions that will free your mind. (0/50) http://www.marcandangel.com/2009/07/13/50-questions-that-will-free-your-mind/
3. Buy a new car or atleast new to me.
4. Complete my doula certifications
-Post Partum Doula
5. Start working on my RN
6.) Read 20 books (10/20)
7. Get to my 2 weight loss goals [I recently joined a gym!:]
8. Buy a house
9. Go to 3 museums. (2/3)
10. Buy a meal for a homeless person
11. Volunteer at a soup kitchen or homeless shelter
12. Do something nice for a stranger
13. Do not complain AT ALL for seven days. (0/7)
14. Pay off every credit card we have (3/5)
15. Take the 5,000 questions survey. (0/5,000) http://5000questionsur.livejournal.com/?skip=40
17. Find it inside me to start going to church again. To think all it took was deployment!
18. Get baptized again when I feel the time is right. On the "to do list" when Husband gets home.
19. Make Robert breakfast in bed six times. (1/6)
March 15th 2013, we hit ONE YEAR STRONG!!! And we're still going!!!!
21. Take a photo in a photo booth. Completed this on date night before deployment :)
22. Go on a picnic.
23. Spend 48 hours off electronics (cell phone, computer, tv, etc)
24. Get 3 tattoo’s (0/3)
-Christopher’s footprints and birthdate
-Owen’s Footprint’s and birthdate
-Something to represent Robert and I’s marriage.
25. Learn how to sew!
26. Make an emergency preparedness kit!
27. Give 5 people a handmade gift. (1/5)
28. Run two 5k’s (0/2)
29. Eat in 10 new restaurants. (8/10)
30. Carve a pumpkin for two Halloweens. (1/2)
32. See at least one play
33. Try 10 new foods. (8/10)
34. Try a new drink every month. (7/12)
-Deployment Survival Glass
-"Keep Calm" car sticker Navy themed!
-"Keep Calm" car sticker Navy themed!
-Keep Calm and love Wine picture
-Chief sign for when my friend when her husband picked up Chief!
36. Visit my friends in Bremerton
37. Build a fort in the living room and have a "campout" with Christopher!
-Home is where the Navy sends you sign
-Family Rules custom
-Deployment Survival Wine Glass
-Keep Calm and Love a Truman Sailor shirt with my last name
-In this house we do..(military style sign)
39. Visit Washington DC
40. Watch 4 COMPLETE tv series (4/4) 11/25/2012
41. Plant two types of gardens (0/2)
43. Have a girls' day with a close girl friend.
44. List 50 simple things that make me happy/make me smile.
45. Teach Robert how to golf.
46. Answer the 365 Thought-Provoking Questions to Ask Yourself This Year. (0/365)
49. Get a giant canvas of one of our family photos made!
50. Go on a family camping trip for a weekend.
52. Tell 7 people how much I appreciate them for a week (0/7)
53. Attend playgroup 30 times (0/30)
54. Send Christmas cards at least once. Christmas 2013 :)
55. Get my belly button pierced.
58. Go on a family vacation to Disney Land!
59. Visit a foreign port when Robert’s ship pulls in.
60. Host a dinner party Hosted Thanksgiving dinner November 2013!
61. Build a snowman with the kids and take a picture with it.
62. Inspire someone.
64. No food fast for one month.
65. Sing karaoke in a bar.
66. Take a cooking class
69. Make a cake for someone.
72. Place a family photo on my brother’s grave atleast 4 times (1/4)
73. Donate atleast $100 to a charity!
74. Try 5 different types of wine. (5/5) May 6th, 2013
75. Go visit New York City
76. See 10 concerts (2/10)
77. Be able to do 50 PROPER push ups.
78. Bake the boy’s cake’s for their birthdays for 2 birthdays
79. Try 50 new recipes! (20/50)
80. Join Navy Wives of America
81. Participate in Operation Beautiful. http://operationbeautiful.com/
83. Finish a 500+ piece jigsaw puzzle.
84. Stop cussing for one week.
85. Make a list of 101 things that make me happy. (0/101)
86. Learn two foreign languages! (1/2)
87. Say yes to everything for a day.
88. Finish three scrapbooks (2/3)
-Robert’s Navy Career
90. Go to each of the Five Great Lakes and take pictures (0/5)
91. Go hang-gliding
92. Do 10 DIY projects from pinterest (6/10)
93. Have dinner by candlelight. February 16th
94. Make a list of 101 reasons I love my husband. (0/101)
95. Leave a 100% tip!
96. Document a "day in my life" in photographs.
97. Learn how to drive a stick shift.
98. Go on a honeymoon.
99. Get my concealed weapon’s license!
100. Save up for and buy a macbook. Feburary 2013 :)
101. Start this all over again when this one is done :)