Wednesday, August 7, 2013

"Craving him"


So just here lately I've just been craving his touch. Not 'sexual' just, a hug, holding his hand and I would DIE for a kiss from him!! Heck, I just want to be in the same room as him!!!! I just want to feel his energy, mad, sad, happy, I don't care, Oh what I wouldn't give to have this over already. Just to know that he is here would make me happy. And he does his best, and I'm SUPER PROUD OF HIM, he calls me when he can, and emails me every night that he can, and we video chat when he's in port..but it's just not the same. His scent is gone from literally everything in our bedroom. I have put away all of his stuff. And up until this point RIGHT HERE, I have been doing super good.

I have a Donut of Misery. I have small goals I set for myself, 'Ok we won't look at it until it says x days to go'. And they are small usually about 2-4 days apart, something I know I can handle. And sometimes I get so busy I go over and forget. That has helped me pass the time. So far my PERSONAL countdown is further along than I thought I would be at this point. Christopher's countdown, not going as easy as I thought it would. He keeps asking me if Daddy is home. Or he will ask WHEN Daddy is coming home. And of course how do you respond to those questions? How do I put them into 2 year old terms so that he can understand? I can't just say, 'Oh hunny, Don't worry Daddy will be home on xx day'. Like he really understands time anyway. And we all know that ETA date will change 4-5 times on a GOOD day! 

In ways I'm glad we are going through this deployment. I know it will make us stronger in our marriage, just like the last one. It will make us stronger as individuals, and most importantly, we will get to save money. I'll just focus on that for now. We have been handed an opportunity. Find a way to see a positive in it.  He is going out and seeing the world! He is appreciating everything the Navy has to offer him. For me, SAVING MONEY. There is so much to appreciate in this, you just have to open your eyes.



No comments:

Post a Comment