Monday, April 15, 2013

What is a "real" friend...

you know, I've really been asking myself that now for awhile now. I've realized it's really hard to have "real friends" in the military life. Now, I'm not saying all of them, obviously. I have the best of friends in WA and a few here in VA but this is my rant. Why act like you like someone to their face, but the moment that person is out of the room the truth comes out of what you really think of them. Maybe I'm just being mopey, maybe I'm speaking the truth, it's just hard to go from having people you are ALWAYS with, to occasionally having "friend time" 

I've found very few people I can honestly say they will be there for ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING when I pick up the phone and let me tell you. IT SUCKS. SUCKS. SUCKS. If I don't find a "best friend" and that's okay, it really is, but I just wish I could find one, two, maybe even three people (okay that's wishful thinking now;) that would always be there for me. It's sad when you have to question on what you tell certain people, because your terrified of it being repeated and getting out to the wrong person. I hate it. Now like I said, I don't want to say ALL military wives are like this, because that would be a lie. Maybe I just get stationed with the crazies! Now it took me a year and a half to meet my best friends in WA! BUT I had that time to meet them, I had them through deployment when you need your friends the most, I don't have that kind of time here. I just wish I had more time to "weed" out the bad and the good in people. I feel like this is something I write about a lot, but I think this is the biggest complaint I have :/ Now I have met a few awesome people, I will admit that! :) It just sucks to be alone most of the time. :/ I can only hope things get better before deployment, because that's when you need someone!


No comments:

Post a Comment