Monday, May 6, 2013

Holy May!

First before I start this blog, let me give a big shot-out to my BFF's on the west coast clock! 
WELCOME HOME USS JOHN C. STENNIS!!!!! 
After 8 1/2 long months, my best friends are FINALLY back with their better half's <3

Now that that's over with. Life in my household. Deployment is sneakin' on up, which is making me a nervous wreck, so much that I've ALREADY started planning HOMECOMING! Yes, it hasn't even begun and I've already been planning if I'll dye my hair, looking at plane tickets to fly my photographer from Washington out! Now, that may sound crazy, but maybe this will be my way of coping, planning for the end! I mean, I've done this before, this whole deployment thing is still so fresh in my mind, we just did one from July 2011-Februrary 2012...NOT THAT LONG AGO!!!

I've been watching videos from the Truman's deployment/homecoming in 2010! It just gives me chills, I get so proud of him and "go navy" around deployment time! Not sure why, that's just when I feel so proud to be a Navy wife. But then again, look at me whineing because of a deployment (someone find me some big girl panties;) I feel like leading up to a deployment is always the WORST, along with the first 2 weeks, after that it's a ride, we get into a routine and stay busy with care-packages, playgroups, FRG meetings, etc. Not to mention the sleepless nights, I feel like I don't sleep during deployments. It makes me giggle, because last deployment I was still a "newbie" to this life. It was my first deployment, sure I had done under-ways, but this was the FIRST LONG HAUL I was about to endure, I couldn't even imagine writing this blog last time, then I thought the world was really ending, I swore it was. At least this time I'm trying to find positives in this. Speaking of positives, 
I've come up with my TOP  2 GOALS for deployment...
  • I will be 110-115 lbs when he walks off that ship (he's totally going to walk by me and have NO idea who I am;)
  • I am enrolling in TCC and getting my Medical Assistant degree 
With school, 2 kids and basically LIVING at the gym I will have NO problem making the time fly by with this deployment!!!!! And of course, blogging!

Which leads me to my closing, what was YOUR top goal during a deployment, did you achieve it?



No comments:

Post a Comment