Wednesday, October 3, 2012

How long have you been with your husband?

No, this isn't a sappy post about how long we've been together and all that. It was a legitimate question that was asked of me earlier today. Hubs and I have been married going on 3 incredible years, but in that time we have endured multiple underway's, a 7 month deployment, schooling and even more underways. So when this person asked me "how long have you actually been with your husband?". It made me sit down and think and do all the math, there's 36 months in 3 years, and out of those 36 months we've spent MAYBE 16 of those actually TOGETHER! Now, let me also say that our oldest son Christopher is almost 23 months. That say's A LOT! My husband started his underways a few weeks after our son was born, and has pretty much been in and out since. He deployed when he was 7 months old, and then came home when he was 16 months old. Most of the months that we've actually been together is when we first got married, he first left 11 months after we got married, now I loved those 11 months and cherished every single one of them, but in all seriousness 16 months together, really isn't all that especially when we're talking about 36 months. That's seriously insane, I've never actually sat down and figured that out until just today! Now, on that note I LOVE my husband more then anything in this world (well besides the kids! lol) and I couldn't imagine life without him, so everyday is worth it. Sure they're far and few in-between, and I knew that when him and I said "I do" It's just shocking though how much we've actually been together! Interesting when you really think about things! 
But I tell ya what, homecoming gives you butterflies like nothing else <3 No matter if it's a few weeks, a few months, 6 months or 12 months! 


No comments:

Post a Comment