Sunday, October 21, 2012

Momma needs a timeout!

And the title says it all, Momma needs a BREAK! A TIMEOUT or whatever you want to call it! Christopher potty-training has begun and is A LOT harder then I imagined! (ALL the books don't tell you EVERYTHING that you need to know!) He's been showing interest in the potty since he was about 15 months old, but recently started because life has been so hectic with the move! Daddy is in and out on underways, which is making Christopher ACT OUT! Now, Christopher is a FULL ON DADDY'S BOY which it the complete opposite with my Owen! Owen he's my momma's boy, through and through! He's always wanting mommy! ALWAYS. ALWAYS. ALWAYS! Now, I love that about him, I really do! But it's getting to the point of I can't even walk out of the room! I practice "attachment parenting" with the kids, so this is a normal side effect to that kind of parenting style! He's been EBF (exclusive breast-fed) since day #1! And I love that, because that bond with Christopher had to end at 4 months due to not making enough milk to keep up with him! I co-sleep with him, I've been doing that since day #1 too, now do I regret ANY of this? Absolutely not! I love that I'm able to stay home with the kids and get to see every milestone, and see everything they do! I'm thankful enough to be a stay-at-home mom! But if only I had 5 minutes to myself! Let me add, I did get very lucky to have kids that started sleeping through the night by 2 months! Christopher was sleeping through the night by about a month and a half, and Owen followed behind at 2 months! But bedtime is the only chance I get alone, except when Robert is home, then he makes sure I'm able to get about an hour to myself, even if that means I'm cooking dinner without interruptions! Hey, you take what you can get when you're a mommy to 2 under 2! Oh, naptime is also when I get some time alone, but then I'm cleaning, or doing what I'm doing right now, Blogging! I know we're okay, we really are!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment